Parent Page - Q & A
Feel free to email Melody Lineberger with any additional questions you may have,

1.  How do students make a 4-year plan for their high school courses?
     Students use Johnston County's High School Course Catalog and the College Foundation of NC's website, found at

2.  How do students and parents stay informed about grades and absences?
     Grades and absences can be accessed through Parent Portal and Progress Reports in High School go home every 3 weeks.  If your student says that they did not get a Progress Report, please contact their teacher.  Individualized teacher comments about tutoring or performance are often included on the Progress Report and these would not show up in Parent Portal.

3.  How do students and parents access Parent Portal?
     Please contact Sylvia Dobbin at

4.  How do students and parents stay informed about assignments, due dates, tests, etc.?
     Teacher webpages and email. 

5.  Is the use of Cell Phones by students a big distraction in High School?
     Yes!!  Please review the 13 Etiquette Rules for Cell Phone Use.  
      Please also know that use of a cell phone in classrooms is only for instructional purposes when directed by individual teachers.  Please help us limit cell phone use by calling 919-934-7333 any time you need to send a message to your student and your message will be delivered to them.

6.  How involved should parents be in their teenagers high school years?
     Very involved with encouragement, love, praise, and good parental monitoring skills.

7.  How can parents help their students grow?
     Read this article and consider its advice:

8.  Who do parents contact with questions about lunch or the cafeteria?
     Ms. Valerie Tyson, our Cafeteria Manager, at 919-934-2400 or

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2017 West Corporation. All rights reserved.